Monday, December 1, 2008

Brrr Cold Weekend



This week I have been mainly assessing. First on an APIOL in Scotland and then this
weekend I have been working with Andy Brown on a ML Assessment.




Bbbrrr!! it was cold but not as the forecast. It was bright blue sunny days and light winds. This helped with the long days and short daylight hours. Tents boots and kit were frozen. I used a Montane Torque Jersey and a Scarab Jacket as my under layers. Both great bits of kit and well designed, sportwool on the Torque Jersey and zoned fleece panels on the Scarab with a hood. Over all that was winter thermic trousers and Superfly XT. I also used a PHD Minim 400, a one season bag in -7!!
I had to wear a hat in bed and kept my prism jacket on. A great cold weekend, hopefully the start of the winter snap.
I will be running some Winter Skills courses during the season, Please get in touch for dates and prices
cheers
Stuart

3 comments:

  1. Looks good, but you're grinning away there so it couldn't have been that cold :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thinks it the cold shrinking me face off

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cold is good as long as you have got the kit for it. Looks like you did. Like the web site by the way.

    ReplyDelete